Monday, July 7, 2008

The Blue Angels in Traverse City

Our family went up to see the Blue Angels at Traverse City, Michigan this last weekend. Despite big crowds and a long wait they provided a great show. The jets were going about 600 MPH or more and they came close enough to the Cherry Festival grounds to provide amateur photographers like me an opportunity to click a few photos. The planes are Navy F-A 18 Hornets.

To see a larger image just double-click on any of the photos.





























All images were shot with a Kodak EasyShare DX7590 camera.

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

Great shots! We were lamenting the fact that we left our 35mm with the telescopic lens at home that day. Joel got a couple good short video clips though with the digital.

Dave Sarafolean said...

Well I had to delete a few because of blurriness or simply getting a shot of blue sky. It was very difficult trying to find the planes in my eyepiece because it isn't all that big. Moreover, with the light behind me it created a glare so I feel fortunate to get the shots that I did. I've got a few more photos that I might post as well.

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots! And yup, I love jets and planes. The A-10 Warthog used to fly over breckenridge once away...I'd run outside when I was home to get a peak at them.

Nice shots!

Jeff Meyers said...

Nice shots, Dave. If you did a bit of color correction on these, possibly even some D-lighting adjustments, you would have even better images.

Jeff Meyers said...

Here's what I mean. This is the 6th image color corrected and some noise reduction applied.

http://tinyurl.com/6mgtx9

Dave Sarafolean said...

Jeff,

Thanks for the tip. I'm a rank amateur with regard to photography. I tried the link but couldn't get it to work. Any ideas?

Dave Sarafolean said...

Jeff,

Got it to work. Nice! Thanks!