Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Three Reasons Why You Should Keep Your Truck

As one who drives a truck and whose wife drives an SUV the high cost of gasoline has made it a fairly painful summer. While gas was down to $3.68/gallon today (about $.50/gallon less than 3 weeks ago) it is still a costly proposition to drive these vehicles. We have talked about getting smaller vehicles but after doing the math I'm not sure that there is much of a savings involved.

Today this story caught my eye Three Reasons Why You Should Keep Your Truck - FOXBusiness.com. It follows the same line of reasoning I used and comes to the same conclusion -- it is probably cheaper to drive your truck at $4.00/gallon than to trade it in and begin payments on a smaller vehicle.

Many will probably argue the point but read the article and do the math. As for me and my house we will keep driving what we already own.

No comments: