Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Distractions from Orthodoxy

Though I read this article when it came out last fall in Modern Reformation magazine. I had forgotten about it until I saw a reference to it on another blog. Dr. T. David Gordon is ordained in the PCA and teaches theology at Grove City College in Pennsylvania.

Are you concerned about the issue of creation days and any deviation from the 'solar day' position? Is your hill to die on the culture war of 21st century America? What about women in the military? Or how about the hot-button issue of educating one's children -- home-school vs. Christian school vs. public school? Lot's of energy is expended defending these issues and God's people are divided all across the fruited plain.

I encourage you to read the article and mull it over. Perhaps you will need to read it more than once so that it can soak in. I think that it speaks for itself.

No comments: