Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Anniversary to Mourn

I found a good article in our denominational magazine, By Faith, that I wanted to share on the topic of no fault divorce.  I write as one who is happily married and whose parent's stuck it out through thick and thin.  But you cannot go far in today's culture without facing it head on.  I've lost track of the number of couples that have divorced during my time in Midland (at least twenty).  Unfortunately that includes professing Christians whose divorces did not meet the criteria set forth in Scripture.

It is hard to fathom the pain associated with divorce -- for children but also for the spouse who has been betrayed.  Our culture is reaping the whirlwind for this practice.  Click the link below to read the article and learn more.

An Anniversary to Mourn: Assessing 40 Years of No-Fault Divorce

No comments: