Friday, February 20, 2009

The Pastors Who Will Do Anything

While this was intended as an in-house joke, I find this video more pathetic than humorous. For satire to work there has to be an element of truth to it, that's why I'm not amused. Far too many churches have gone down this road by catering to the masses.

I don't lack for humor and really enjoy a good joke. But pop culture imitating pop culture (Veggie Tales in this case), which is a poor summary of biblical teaching, just doesn't bring a smile to my face.

As I've said before in this space, pastors need to spend more time in their studies poring over the Scriptures and preparing sermons and less time producing videos intended to make folks laugh. Ever hear of the saying, "Fiddling while Rome burns?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck.

Joe said...

Wow. So this is what Veggie Tales is like? I'll never feel guilty again for not ever seeing one.