Tuesday, November 3, 2009

U.S. Tops in Energy Resources - HUMAN EVENTS

Did you see this recent headline?  For some reason I missed it too.  Found it on Drudge or some other internet site.  It is based on a report from a US Congressional Committee.  Wonder why it hasn't seen the light of day? 

Here are the particulars:

The United States has largest energy reserves on Earth, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service.

 As shown in the charts below, the U.S. has 1,321 billion barrels of oil (or barrels of oil equivalent for other sources of energy) when combining its recoverable natural gas, oil and coal reserves.
While Russia is a close second with 1,248 billion barrels, other energy producing nations are far behind. No. 3 is Saudi Arabia (543 billion barrels), followed by China (494 billion barrels), Iran (426 billion barrels) and Canada (221 billion barrels.)

In addition, the report stated that the United States has tapped into only 13% or 21 billion barrels of its oil reserves, with the other 87% still untouched.

The report also noted that the United States has 28% of all the world’s coal reserves, with Russia again coming in second with 19%.

Click on the link for the rest of the article and some really good charts. 

U.S. Tops in Energy Resources - HUMAN EVENTS

No comments: