Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hockey News

Yeah!  The NHL is getting back into action.  I was almost beginning to lose hope on this season.

About two weeks ago I learned that Team USA won the gold medal in the World Junior Hockey Tournament. What I didn't know is that someone I grew up with coached them to that victory. Former NHL standout Phil Housley coached Team USA to its victory. Furthermore, a kid who plays hockey locally (or did.  He was traded last week) Vincent Trocheck was also on the team.  Go here for more information.

A couple of days ago I was surfing the web at Fox Sports North to catch my nephew's game when I came across this headline:  Phil Housley Eyes Olympic Coaching Job  What an honor!  Click on the link to learn more about this opportunity.

Finally, check out this video clip from Phil's NHL career:




No comments: