Thursday, September 18, 2014

Family Roots



Some time ago I posted an entry on my father's side of the family on this blog which is available here.  The above video builds upon that knowledge.

The Heritage Organization of Romanian Americans in Minnesota (HORA) along with The Romanian Genealogical Society and Town Square Television have partnered to tell the story of Romanians who settled in Minnesota in the early 20th century.  The film will have its premier  later this month. Featured in the film are some of my own relatives whom I personally know.  In the above trailer photos of my grandfather can be found around the 3:00 mark.

I wish that I would be able to attend the premier and interact with those who will be in attendance. Hopefully this project will spur others to come forward with photos and stories to help fill in the gaps of our heritage.


No comments: