Friday, December 19, 2014

Rev. Smith takes on the Gospel Coalition (The Gospel-Industrial Complex)

In the aftermath of the grand jury decision in Ferguson, Missouri and the more recent grand jury finding in New York City that police did not use excessive force to arrest Eric Garner, much has been said and written about "white privelege", racism, and the shortcomings of our legal system.

Earlier this week this issue became front and center at The Gospel CoalitionThabiti Anyabwile posted an essay entitled 3 Reasons Why I Stand with the Protestors. I have my own opinions on this topic but will refrain from offering my own comment at this juncture.  Instead I will
point you to another essay challenging his perspective on the matter.  The Rev. William H. Smith also known as the Christian Curmudgeon, has been around long enough to see this sort of thing play out before.  Is this a topic to be addressed from the pulpit or when our churches gather in assemblies (for Presbyterians that means Presbytery and General Assembly)?   I'll allow Rev. Smith answer that question for you:

Thabiti Anyabwile Is Wrong

No comments: